The Fortnite for Nintendo Switch is one of the top downloads in digital goods this last August. That statement is a testament that the game is really playable in the said console. So if someone told you that Fortnite for Nintendo Switch is incompatible, that person has never owned a Nintendo Switch.
For those of you who have not heard much or at all about the Fortnite game let me give you a brief introduction. Fortnite is a game developed by Epic Games back in 2017. It was first released as a co-op game against hordes of zombies.
The game was initially launched as Fortnite for Mac, Fortnite for PS4, Fortnite for Windows, and Fortnite for Xbox One. From time to time, new updates are released. If you are playing using your computer, make sure you have the most compatible mouse for this game.
Epic Games later released the “Battle Royale” mode to cater to wider audiences and gamers. this is when Fortnite for iOS, and Fortnite for Android. While the first mode is a paid game pack, the battle royale mode is a free package. That means you can easily download the game from the Nintendo Switch Store.
There are only a couple of things you have to accomplish before you can actually play the game on Switch. But for the price that you are getting, which is zero dollars, it’s already a steal. Plus, there are good reasons why you will need to provide extra information.
How to Download and Install Fortnite for Nintendo Switch
Since the Fortnite for Switch is an official release, the download and installation will be straightforward. All you need to do is provide some important details, and you should be able to play the game as soon as the installation is through.
First of all, before we start this brief and simple tutorial, you need to have extra free storage inside your Nintendo Switch. The game total file size is around 2GB so it would be best to have at least 3-4GB of free storage to prevent any crashes or interruption during the download and installation.
So if you think you do not have enough space, it would be best to make some room for the Fortnite game. Anyway, here’s a short tutorial and how it goes.
- On your Nintendo Switch, go to the Nintendo e-Shop or Switch Store.
- On the next page, tap on the account that you will be using for the game.
- Let the screen load up. After a few seconds, you should see the “Recent Releases”. Since the Fortnite for Nintendo Switch is a new game title, it should be there among the new releases. In case it is not there anymore, click on the Search icon just on top of the “Recent Releases”. It looks like a magnifying glass.
- Type in “Fortnite” and press (A) Confirm.
- Now, when you see the Fortnite, you should find that is a “Free Download” and that means you will get the game for free without costing you a dollar.
- Click Confirm on the next Fortnite main page when you see the “Free Download” again. This should appear at least 2-3 times.
- Once you are done, it should direct you to the “Thank You” page. That means your download has started.
- To check the download status, check on the Home Screen to see it.
Epic Games Account
Your Nintendo Switch account is different from the Epic Games account. So that means you will need to open the web browser and go to the Epic games official website. Here’s a brief guide.
- Open the Switch web browser and go to the EpicGames.com.
- On the Epic Games homepage, just click on the “Sign In” button on the top-right corner of the page.
- It should ask you if you already have an existing Epic Games account. Since you came here to register, click on the “Sign Up” button.
- It will then redirect you to the registration page.
- Type in your location and other personal information.
- At the bottom of the page, click on “Create Account” button.
- The page should redirect you to the download page. You do not need to download anything from here because you already started the download earlier.
- All that is left now is to wait for the Fortnite to finish the download of around 2GB of files and its installation.
- When the installation finishes, you may now launch the game and log in your Epic Games account.
- That’s it. You may now play Fortnite for Nintendo Switch anytime and anywhere. Just make sure that you have a reliable internet connection to experience a smooth gameplay.
The Fortnite for Nintendo Switch is free to download, install, play but there are in-game products as well. Those in-game products are not free, and they will cost money to avail. These items that you can by can be used to customize your character and purchase some other package to help boost your character’s overall aesthetics.
To be able to make a purchase within the game, you need V-Bucks. This is the Fortnite’s local currency. To get V-Bucks credits, you will need to use real money to have some funds in case you find something worth buying. This will require you to register your debit card, credit card, or any bank account.
The Fortnite for Nintendo Switch is considered another success for the Epic Games and its developers. With the purchases and downloads going record high, it is becoming more of a household name as time passes by.
Fortnite on Switch is not really difficult. But it sure will need some getting used to. I have seen Nintendo Switch players kicked some rocks playing this game. So I would say it is not the difficulty but the eagerness and the skills that matter. Anyone can learn to master Fortnite for Nintendo Switch if given enough time and efforts.
For those of you that are playing Fortnite using different platforms, which one is the best to play the game? Like if you have PC, Xbox, and Switch with the Fortnite gaming installed, which one do you think is the best in terms of ultimate gameplay? Tell us your opinions in the comment section. We would know what you guys think.
Also, feel free to leave queries down below if you have itching questions that you need to ask us. We would be more than happy to answer all your messages as soon as possible.