Fortnite has been a world phenomenon. Account security must be the priority for all the Fortnite players to secure their accounts. That’s why they must enable Two-Factor Authentication or Fortnite 2FA. Explore Fortnite Able for more articles that can help you to become a pro player.
Fortnite 2FA is an additional layer for safety in your account to prevent any possible hackers from getting access to your private account and Epic Account.
Maybe you also want to learn more about Fortnite. Here are the other related topics that you can explore about Fortnite system requirements, dances, leaks, creative codes, and Fortnite for Chromebook.
It will ask for the second sort of verification identity every time you log in. Usually in the form of sending code in your email.
Here are the steps on how you enable or disable 2FA. We will also give you tips on how to secure your Epic Accounts.
How To Enable Fortnite 2FA
Enabling Fortnite 2FA is easy. Here are the steps to enable it:
- You need to log in to your account.
- Navigate in the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab.
- Scroll down to TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION section
- Click the 2FA menu you want to enable:
- ENABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP – every login, it will require you to download a particular app like Google Authenticator, LastPass Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, or Authy.
- ENABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION – every login, it will just send an email to your email linked to your Epic Games Account.
Every time you sign in, you have to enter the security code from the 2FA method you choose (email or app). After you enter the code, you will sign in to your account. You will be reminded for a 2FA security code particularly when:
- It’s the first time you sign in after allowing the feature
- If you are using a new device
- It has been over 30 days since you log out
- If you currently cleared your browser cookies
Note: You need to verify your linked email account before enabling this feature.
How to Disable 2FA
When you’ve been irritated or you feel entering codes is wasting time. Here are the steps too disable 2FA:
- Go through your ACCOUNT page.
- Select the PASSWORD & SECURITY tab.
- Under the TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION header, click the DISABLE button related to the 2FA method you choose: DISABLE AUTHENTICATOR APP or DISABLE EMAIL AUTHENTICATION.
Securing Your Epic Accounts
We suggest selecting Email Authentication, but you should choose which option looks best for you. Accounts security is all that matters. It has to be taken more seriously if information like payment details are saved to your account. Here’s the other option to secure your accounts.
Use Unique Passwords
We commend using unique passwords as a way to secure your account. Having a unique password for every service will ensure that one unknown password won’t allow access to your Epic account.
Link Your Social Accounts For Extra Security
We propose to link your Google or Facebook accounts to your Epic account system. It will allow you to log in to your Epic account without requiring a password as long as you are still logged in into Google or Facebook. Please be sure to secure your social accounts with a unique password and 2FA.
Keep Your Computer Secured
Be sure that your antivirus is updated. Don’t allow shared systems. If you are using other computers, don’t trust it with your account info. Lastly, always update your operating system, software, and drivers.
It is not acceptable to buy accounts, share, or sell. As an account owner, you are liable in any action, like if the server banned your account.
Accounts buying or selling is against our service terms and will cause us to ban your account.
Don’t Trust Suspicious Offers
Many sites will move across your account to offer “free” games or items like free V-Bucks. These offers are fake. The freebies only provided by the official Epic Games Store.
All accounts must be secured. There are various options that may help you to protect your account information. Personal data and passwords should not be disclosed to others. Enabling Two-Factor Authentication can be a great help.
Do you need extra assistance? If there’s anything else that you want to ask, feel free to leave a comment below.