Download Fortnite APK for your Android device and play the number one battle royale game right now. We’re pretty sure you came here because you didn’t find Fortnite from Play Store. Don’t worry. Your Play Store is not acting up. It is just that the Epic Games, developer of the Fortnite game, has decided not to use Google’s platform to distribute their game.
One of the main reasons that Epic Games made this move is so that they can monopolize all the sales and revenues the in-app purchases bring. If they chose to use the Play Store as the source of their Fortnite APK file, Google would have 30% of total revenues made by the game.
So if you and your friends did try to search Fortnite on the Play Store, you would have only worked in vain. We don’t think it is going to happen anytime soon. With the popularity of the Fortnite, that is a far possibility for now.
Did you know that when Fortnite was released on iOS, Epic Games earned $15 million in just three weeks? So you can imagine why the company would prefer distributing the APK file on their official website. It is just the best move right now. This way, they will be able to do cost cutting and get even more traffic. This is the peak of the game’s success, and so they should take advantage of it.
Download Fortnite APK
|Requirement||Android 7.0 +|
How to Download Fortnite APK
We know that you are eager to download Fortnite APK now. But if this is your first time to download an Android app or game outside of the Play Store, you should know one thing before we start the tutorial.
Apps and games outside of Play Store do not install automatically. It needs to be “sideloaded” with a specific method. Or in other words, you will have to modify a part of your settings to grant an app or game to be installed in your Android device. Here’s what you should do.
- On your Android smartphone, go to the “Settings” area.
- From the Settings area, scroll down until you see the “Security” tab.
- Tap on it to see more options.
- Scroll down to find “Unknown Sources.”
- When you see it, you will find that it is turned off by default. That means you are not allowed to install anything on your device except the Google Play Store.
- Now what you should do is tap on it to turn it on.
- When it enables, you should remember to disable it again after you installed the Fortnite APK. Leaving this option enabled will make your Android device vulnerable to malware and viruses. So what you should do is tap on the “Home” button of your device just to minimize the “Settings” area. This way, you will be able to return to the same page when you are done with the installation.
- Now, open the web browser of your smartphone. It could be the default browser or a Google Chrome.
- Copy this link: https://www.epicgames.com/fortnite/en-US/mobile/android/sign-up
- Paste it on the web browser’s address bar and confirm.
- On the Epic Games’ Android Beta page, click on the “Sign Up For Email Invite” button. Use an active and real email because you will only get a legit Fortnite APK file from the link that they will send you. Otherwise, all of this efforts will be all for nothing.
- On the next page, you will be required to choose your device. When you see your device, tap on the “Select” button.
- After you confirm your device, you should now see the “You’re now on the waiting list” confirmation.
- Check your email inbox to see the email with the link. Click on it to start the download.
- Once the download finishes, tap on it to start the installation. The game is huge at around 2GB of storage so it should take some time to finish.
- When the installation is through, click on the “Recent” button to show all the running apps in the background.
- Now tap on the “Settings” window and disable the “Unknown Sources” again.
- That’s it. Watch out for the Epic Games email notification with the attached URL or link containing the Fortnite APK. Sometimes it takes a couple of minutes and sometimes even a full day to arrive. So you just keep on checking on your inbox every now and then.
Important Notice About Fortnite APK
The Fortnite APK is only available on specific devices. The Epic Games team has issued a list of supported device that can run Fortnite on Android. If you are currently an owner of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9, you will be able to get the APK immediately or at least the soonest time possible.
If you are using a device that is not Samsung Galaxy Note 9, but your device is included on the supported device list, you will be among the ones on the “waiting list.”
Now, if your device is not on the supported list of devices, we doubt that you will get the email anytime soon. Unless Epic Games make the Fortnite APK available for everyone, then we suppose you can install it in the future for your smartphone. Other than that, you will have to wait when it becomes fully available.
Fortnite is also available on other platforms. If you have other computing devices on your possession, you should know that there is a Fortnite for PC, Fortnite for Mac OS, Fortnite for Xbox, Fortnite for Switch, and probably in the near future, Fortnite for Linux.
For your reference, here is a list of the initial devices to get Fortnite APK:
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6, 6T
- Razer: Razer Phone, Razer Phone 2
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
If you see your device on the list, then all you have to do is wait for the Epic Games email on your inbox. Otherwise, let’s wait for further announcement and development for the Fortnite Android version game.
The Fortnite Battle Royale on Android is such a great game. I know because I have played it already. Although it still has some occasional bugs, it is already impressive at this stage.
Basically, the Fortnite APK is not available to any Android device yet. You have to have your handset model included in the list. And even then, you will still have to wait for Epic Games to contact you to get a legit copy of the APK file after you signed up.
Are you a big fan of the Fortnite Battle Royale game? If so, what are the things you love about this game compared to other popular battle royale titles? Tell us in the comment section. We would like to know what you think.
If you have questions about today’s topic, feel free to leave a message down below, we will try to answer all your queries as soon as possible.