Welcome to Fortnite Authority. This page is all about Fortnite and everything you need to know about the king of battle royale mode. If you are a fan of shooting game, you came to the right place especially if you have just been introduced to the battle royale craze.
Fortnite is a shooting game with a twist. If you are a fan of the point-and-shoot game, the Fortnite game should be on your radar. And the fact that you are here makes this statement true. And so, you will not be disappointed coming here. We got all the tidbits that every Fortnite fan will surely love. No matter if you are using a console or a gaming machine, we got you covered.
- 1 What is Fortnite?
- 2 Fortnite Game Modes
- 3 Fortnite Features
- 4 Fortnite System Requirements
What is Fortnite?
Fortnite is an online and real-time shooting game in which you can play with real people from different platforms. This game is divided into two primary game modes. There is the initial Fortnite Save The World, and then there is this Fortnite Battle Royale.
The game was initially released by Epic Games back in 2017 and the second phase which is the battle royale mode was also released after just a couple of months. The Fortnite Save The World is about survival shooting game where you get to fight off zombies since the game revolves around the post-apocalyptic era.
Since the rise of battle royale games, Epic Games developers decided that they can release a similar game but using their own twists. And so the birth of the phenomenon called Fortnite Battle Royale.
Fortnite Game Modes
As mentioned, there are two game modes of Fortnite—Save The World and Battle Royale. Each game mode practically delivers on their own theme but still keeping the nature of the Fortnite signature style. Unlike other battle royale game titles, Fortnite sets apart from the rest with the quick building fortification that they can use to defend or use as an offensive strategy. Here’s where each game mode differentiates from one another.
Fortnite Save The World
Fortnite Save The World is the software package version that deals with player-versus-environment gameplay. Players can team up as cooperatives up to four players to face off hordes and hordes of zombies through different obstacles.
This game pack puts the players as commanders of their home base shelters in which they must defend and sustain through the gathering of supplies and weapons. Players are also given missions which will reward them of various items and upgrades that will help them through their journey through the apocalypse and even for their survival.
As of now, Fortnite Save The World is the paid version costing around $39.99. Epic Games had promised that when the Save The World pack matures from its Early Access stage, they will offer the game for free as well.
Fortnite Battle Royale
The Fortnite Battle Royale is the second game pack that took the world by storm. This game mode has garnered Epic Games its 125 million users in just its first year. As a matter of fact, Fortnite is currently considered the king of battle royale game according to various critics and reviewers on the internet.
The battle royale mode is about placing 100 players on an island. The goal is to survive and be the last one standing. To do this, as soon as you touched the ground using your glider, you must find weapons and other accessories and resources to equip yourself for the inevitable shootout.
There is no hiding in this game. Only the boldest and the skillful are frequently hailed the champions of the game. Also, you will not be given any second chances once you are hit critically or fatally. When your character dies in an active game, there will be no second life. You die, and you are off the game. All you can do is find another match to continue playing.
Just like the Fortnite Save The World game mode, you can still use the building fortification feature and use it to your advantage however you see it fit. So if you think you are not yet ready for the battle royale mode because of its unforgiving nature, we suggest that you use the Save The World game pack first to train your skills. That is, of course, if you are willing to spend some bucks. Otherwise, do your training against real players inside the battle royale mode.
- A Battle Royale of 100 – Play against 99 online players in real-time from all around the world using different consoles.
- King of the Island – Just like any other shooting game, you will only win if you get to survive and be the last one standing. Or if you are playing co-op, your team needs to be the only team left.
- Interactive Environment – Use your surroundings to gather resources to use as a defensive fortress or a shield to execute your offensive strategy.
- Equip Yourself for Offense – Pick up weapons and ammunition along the way. Choose the right weapon that suits your skills. And shoot everyone that comes into your line of sight.
- Use Power-ups and Medicine – Not every time is a lucky break. When a bullet grazes you, you will need to recover immediately.
- Play Battle Royale For Free – Download, install and play the Fortnite Battle Royale without the need to spend a dime.
- V-Bucks as In-Game Currency – If you need to change looks, customize costumes, and look more like a badass that you really are, you may top-up to avail the in-game currency called V-Bucks. Playing is free, but if you want to look good, that’s going to cost you.
- Fair Play – No Pay-to-Win policy. That means you will win using your own level of skills and nothing more. But of course, it is still much better to win and look good at the same time.
- Cross-Platform – Fortnite is available on the most popular platforms, devices, and OSes. This includes Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Mac. For Battle Royale mode, there are Fortnite for Nintendo Switch, Fortnite for iOS, and Fortnite APK for Android support.
- Cross-Play – Play with or against your friends even if they are using a different device or consoles. And with the addition of PS4 to the roster of supported devices, there’s another great reason to play Fortnite Battle Royale.
- Reward System – Not every cosmetics and points are acquired through V-Bucks. You may also win some by playing events such as Free Pass and Battle Pass.
- Rated 12+ – This game is playable for children age 12 and up. It has mild violence and a cartoony theme that does not show gore. Just pure action, excitement, and fun.
Fortnite System Requirements
Fortnite is a graphically rich video game. Not to mention that the game uses the latest Unreal Engine to provide seamless and more responsive 3D-based gameplay. This means that you should expect that this game will require a really good device with some high-end hardware. Here are the minimum Fortnite system requirements that you can use as a reference to learn if your chosen device can run Fortnite.
Fortnite for Windows System Requirements
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4xxx 2.4 GHz
- GPU: Intel HD 4000
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- HDD free space: 16 GB
- DirectX – DirectX 11.0
- OS: Windows 10 64bit
- CPU: Intel Core i5 2.8Ghz
- GPU: NVidia GTX 660 or AMD Radeon 7870 2GB VRAM
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- HDD/SSD free space: 20 GB
- DirectX – DirectX 11.0
Fortnite for Mac System Requirements
- Mac OS X Sierra
- Intel HD 4000
- Core i3 2.4 GHz
- 4GB RAM
iMac Pro, Mac Pro, MacBook Pro (555 may have issues, 560 is the recommended choice)
Fortnite for iOS Supported Devices
- iPhone 6S or later
- iPhone SE
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Pro or later
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 2017 or later
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- Phone XR
Fortnite for Android Supported Devices
- Samsung Galaxy: S7 / S7 Edge, S8 / S8+, S9 / S9+, Note 8, Note 9, Tab S3, Tab S4
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL,
- Asus: ROG Phone, Zenfone 4 Pro, 5Z, V
- Essential: PH-1
- Huawei: Honor 10, Honor Play, Mate 10 / Pro, Mate RS, Nova 3, P20 / Pro, V10
- LG: G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 / V30+
- Nokia: 8
- OnePlus: 5 / 5T, 6
- Razer: Phone
- Xiaomi: Blackshark, Mi 5 / 5S / 5S Plus, 6 / 6 Plus, Mi 8 / 8 Explorer / 8SE, Mi Mix, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Note 2
- ZTE: Axon 7 / 7s, Axon M, Nubia / Z17 / Z17s, Nubia Z11
We have prepared a lot of articles that talk about Fortnite and its corresponding supported devices. There are some gaming device recommendations and even some underground Fortnite account trade. We have also provided some in-depth step-by-step tutorial to help you understand how to use this game when it reaches your device.
If you want to know more, just click on the links we provided within this article as those leads to a clarified explanation and description. We thrive to help you with your research about Fortnite and how you can enjoy it to its fullest potential.
Feel free to leave any comments, questions, and suggestions at the comment section. We will try to answer everything you need to know about this phenomenal battle royale game. Once again, welcome to Fortnite Authority.